Title: How to Win Friends & Influence People
by: Dale Carnegie
Still one of the most successful how-to books out there for teaching you how to take any situation & make it work for you. There are 6 ways to encourage people to like you better, &
9 ways to change people without arousing resentment in them:
1.Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
2. Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly.
3. Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
4. Ask questions instead of giving direct orders; it's easier to take in.
5. Let the other person "save face" & try to do a better job.
6. Be *lavish* in your praise of good behavior.
7. Give the other person a GOOD reputation to live up to.
8. Use encouragement! Make the fault seem easy to correct.
9. Make the other person happy at doing the things you suggest.
12 ways to to win people to your way of thinking.
1. The way to get the best out of an argument is to avoid it entirely.
2. Show respect for the other person's opinions; never outright say "you're wrong."
3. If you are wrong, admit your mistake immediately & emphatically. Exonerate your errors!
4. Begin in a friendly/amiable way.
5.Get the other person to say "yes, yes" quickly.
6. Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
7. Let the other person think the idea is his or hers.
8. Try honestly to see the things from the other person's point of view.
9. Be sympathetic with the other person's ideas.
10. Appeal to nobler motives.
11. Dramatize your ideas!
12. Throw Down a Challenge!
"If I've done good I've never heard it-- but if I've done wrong, I hear it twice."
"You can make more friends in in two months, by being interested in them rather than making them interested in us."
"Don't fear being misunderstood by others. Picture the able person you wish to be."
"It is always nicer to hear/handle criticism after being praised, first."
"Do not criticize others-- when dealing with people, remember you are dealing with emotional beings, not logical ones."
Leave a Reply.
Sharing my favorite adult reads with you here!