I firmly believe that when our kids are little, Valentines is more of a friendship day, or a day to show & share love from parent to child. So a lot of these books reflect that inclination. If you're interested in more adult-ish, romantic Valentines reads, than please join my online book club in reading Edenbrooke this month. :)
BABY BOARD BOOKS:
1. "Kiss it Better" by: Smriti Prasdam-Hatts
2. "With Love, from Me to You by: Manz Simon
3. "Snuggle Puppy" by: Sandra Boynton (be prepared to sing a little ditty!)
4. "You are my Heart" by: Marianne Richmond
5."How Many Do I Love You?" by: Cheri Love-Byrd
CHILDREN'S PICTURE BOOKS:
1."The Biggest Kiss" by: Joanna Walsh & Judi Abbot
All about animals & kisses; adorable!
2. "Love Is" by: Diane Adams
A story of a little duck & a little girl who finds him & who grow to care for each other.
3. "I Love You, a Bushel & a Peck"
(yes, the lyrics to the song from Guys & Dolls with adorable duck illustrations). My grandma always says this to us or writes it in our birthday cards, so this one is extra special to me.
4. "Plant a Kiss" by: Amy Rosenthal
Little Miss plants a seed or small act of love & is surprised by the grand result.
5. "Pete the Cat, Valentine's Day is Cool" by: James Dean
*Bonus book*: "Twosomes" is a book of love poems by Marilyn Singer
"Splat the Cat" by: Rob Scotton
Hi, I'm Katie! I'm 33 years old, love the outdoors, reading books & being a mama! And I also enjoy literacy research for my podcast.